My husband LOVES lamb. It's his favorite. It just so happens that my two boys also LOVE it. So I can't help but make something for dinner that I know they'll all enjoy. Here is a super, super simple recipe. Just seven ingredients.
Yes, there are other recipes that taste better, have more ingredients and take more time, but that wouldn't be Easy Breezy now would it? :)
Boneless Leg of Lamb
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Oil roasting pan.
- Rub lamb with oil and place in pan.
- Sprinkle lamb with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees and continue cooking for 25-30 minutes per pound, or internal temperature of 145 for medium-rare.
- Peel and slice carrots. Parboil both carrots and potatoes in boiling water for approx. 7 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes to the roasting pan with the lamb once the lamb reaches 135 degrees, or when lamb has 15 minutes left of cooking time.
- Once lamb reaches desired temperature, place it on a cutting board and allow it to rest.
- Raise the oven temperature to 400 degrees and continue cooking carrots and potatoes for 15 minutes, while lamb rests.
- Slice lamb across the grain and serve with potatoes and carrots.
Printable Version: Super Easy Roasted Lamb