This recipe makes enough for 6-8 servings. I make it for dinner and save the leftovers for lunch, breakfast, or a healthy snack. I place the leftovers inside the resealable plastic bag that I used to coat the veggies with oil to minimize waste and to avoid cleaning a container later.
-1 red pepper, washed and sliced
-1 yellow pepper, washed and sliced
-1 sweet onion, sliced
-1 large head of broccoli, washed and sliced
-1 medium sized zucchini, washed and sliced
-3 red potatoes, washed and sliced
-1 small package of whole mushrooms, washed and halved
-3 Tbsp cooking oil
-1 cup quinoa, rinsed
-2 cups water, or veggie/chicken stock
-1 bunch of spinach, washed
-salt and pepper to taste
|Delicious Roasted Vegetables|
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. I also line all three cookie sheets with foil to make for easy clean-up.
- Add peppers, onion, and zucchini into a gallon-size resealable plastic bag along with 1 Tbsp of oil. Seal the bag up and shake it up. Empty contents onto a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Using the same bag, add all of the broccoli florets and another Tbsp of oil...seal it, shake, and empty onto another cookie sheet.
- Still using the same bag, add the potatoes and mushrooms and the last 1 Tbsp of oil, seal it, shake it, and empty onto another cookie sheet.
- Add all three cookie sheets to the oven and cook for approx 30 minutes paying close attention that they do not burn. Flip, stir, and, shake the cookie sheets occasionally to prevent sticking.
- While veggies are cooking, add quinoa to a small pot along with 2 cups of water or veggie/chicken stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce temp to a simmer and cover for 10 minutes.
- Now you can combine all of the veggies (including the spinach) and quinoa together and salt and pepper to taste.