Slow Cooker Chicken and Tomatoes - Top 8 Free
1 slow cooker liner
6-8 boneless chicken thighs
1 red pepper, sliced
1 sweet onion, sliced
1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp tapioca flour
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 bay leaf
salt as needed
- I always use liners in my slow cooker! It makes the clean-up SO much easier AND I twist the liner closed while cooking which helps seal in all of the moisture. No dried up meats!
- Place the chicken thighs on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours, or on high for 5-6 hours.
- Using tongs, grab and mix the ingredients and the chicken will fall apart. Turn the slow cooker off and allow it to cool slightly. Taste test and add salt as needed. Serve over pasta, rice, or quinoa.
What should you do with the leftovers?? Pack them in the kid's lunchbox! They will want to eat this meal again, I promise!! You may want to add more chicken to the recipe just so that you can make sure there's enough for you too!
Did you love this recipe or change it up a little? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think!