Chocolate and SunButter® just go together. It's that simple.
Add in some crispy rice cereal and some sweet, chewy raisins and you've got yourself a winning recipe that's perfect to bring to a special occasion or pack in a lunch box.
The best part? No one will even realize that it's allergy-friendly.
This crazy good treat is (bear with me for a minute, this list goes on and on) top8free, dairy free, soy free*, egg free, peanut free, tree nut free, wheat free, gluten free, and corn free! Phew!
But it still tastes GREAT!!! No worries.
SunButter® Oat Crispy Treats
Top8-Free, Corn-Free, Gluten-Free
1/4 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup allergy-friendly chocolate chips
3/4 cup SunButter® Sunflower Seed Spread
1/3 cup honey
3 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
2 cups allergy-friendly crispy rice cereal
1 1/2 cups raisins
- Line a 9x12 deep baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt oil and chocolate chips in a medium size pot over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add SunButter® and honey and remove from heat, continue stirring until well mixed. Empty contents into a large mixing bowl.
- Add oats, rice cereal, and raisins and mix.
- Empty contents into lined 9x12 pan.
- Using a piece of parchment paper, press mixture firmly into pan.
- Place the pan into the refrigerator until cold to the touch. Cut into squares and ENJOY!
Check out this fantastic contest that is running through April 21, 2014! Send your picture or video to SunButter Sunflower Seed Spread Facebook Page and fill out the form to receive a FREE JAR of SunButter®!
Have any questions or comments??? Let me know!
* Although soy is not an ingredient in SunButter®, the sunflower kernel is roasted on equipment that also roasts soy. There is a clean-out process between the two. Please feel free to read the soy statement by SunButter® for a better understanding of the process.